How to Power Wash a Car the Right Way
Power washing a car is a great way to clean it without having to scrub it by hand. If you want to keep your car looking new, power washing is a must. Not only does it remove all the dirt and dust that has built up over time, but it also restores the shine to the paint job. You can buy a power washer at most home improvement stores, or you can rent one from a local rental company.
Here’s how to power wash a car the right way:
- Select the right setting on your power washer. The pressure settings are typically located on the wand. Start with the setting on low and increase the pressure until you find one that is comfortable for you to use.
- Attach the power washer to a water source. Make sure that the water source is turned on and that there is enough pressure to power the washer. This is typically done by opening the valve on the hose.
- Point the wand at the car and start washing. Be sure to move the wand back and forth across the surface of the car. You may need to go over some areas more than once.
- Rinse off the car with water. Once you have finished power washing the car, be sure to rinse it off with clean water. This will remove any soap or dirt that was left behind.
- Dry the car with a soft cloth. Once you have rinsed off the car, use a soft cloth to dry it. This will help to prevent water spots from forming.
These are just a few tips on how to power wash a car the right way. Be sure to follow these tips so that you can get the best results.